Yum! Dessert! Be sure to check out all the yummies over at the Gluten-Free Homemaker today! And be sure to forgive the awful quality of these pictures. I am ashamed of myself for making you look at them. I will make it up to you my graciously accepting the new camera you buy for me for my birthday so that I no longer have to take pictures of things with my phone. You're welcome.
To the recipe!
This one is quick and easy and good luck fighting others off so you can get some yourself. And by quick, I mean, I had everything assembled, done and tidied up in the time it took my husband to go pick up the girl from youth group and come back again. I also had a nice surprise for them to come back to. Yay, me!
- Wax paper
- Almond Bark
(Yup, that's it)
Suggested Optional Ingredients - for toppings: (double check for gluten-free-ness!)
- Coconut (Weird, but tasty!)
- Crumbled cookies
- Mini-chocolate chips (Nothing like chocolate topped chocolate!)
- Chop almond bark into smallish chunks and place in microwave-safe bowl with the oil. You want approx. 1 t of oil for every 4 oz. of chocolate.
- Microwave 30 seconds, remove, stir. Repeat as needed until chocolate is melted - smooth and silky. KEEP AWAY FROM ALL LIQUID! (If you've just washed your berries, pat them dry before dipping!)
- Grasp strawberry by top. Dip and roll in the chocolate.
- Dip and roll in topping, if desired.
- Place on wax paper to harden (takes only minutes - no need to refrigerate)
Note: The Mrs. Fields recipe I based this on/hijaked this from uses actual chocolate, but my mother-in-law got me hooked on this almond bark, so that's what I use. You don't really NEED the oil when using the bark, but I liked how it changed the consistency, and I always use it now.